Kempner & Partners is a specialist IP law firm. Our IP lawyers are leaders in the field, assisting our clients in relation to the whole IPR Lifespan by helping them with the identification, protection, exploitation and enforcement of their intellectual property rights, as well as defending those facing allegations of infringement.
Own name defence in trade mark infringement – when does it apply to company names? (April 2015)
The recent Court of Appeal decision in Assos of Switzerland v ASOS plc raises a very important issue which, unless overturned by the Supreme Court, may restrict the ability of trade mark owners to prevent other business from using similar marks.
Kempner & Partners is different from other law firms because…
- We have real strength in depth, including dual qualified TM agents and lawyers with a significant science background and quality experience.
- We work with you as a partner, offering a personal service.
- Our IP litigation success rate is over 90%.
- As a niche firm, without the costs of flashy offices, you get the best advice from real experts, at a price that is great value.
- We will never surprise you with a bill that you are not expecting.
- We are a true one stop shop for IP, capable of delivering expert solutions across the whole IPR Lifespan®.
- We regularly face complex legal and technical issues, and it is unusual to find a firm like Kempner & Partners that can help us see the big picture without losing sight of the detail. Their transparent pricing also makes business sense, and is a refreshing change.
- Andrew Hartley, General Counsel, Innospec
- Time after time, we ask Kempner & Partners to make big judgement calls on our own-brand products and they have never let us down.
- Ellen McLaughlin, General Manager & Commercial Solicitor, ASDA