Kempner & Partners is a specialist IP law firm. Our IP lawyers are leaders in the field, assisting our clients in relation to the whole IPR Lifespan by helping them with the identification, protection, exploitation and enforcement of their intellectual property rights, as well as defending those facing allegations of infringement.
Sky’s opposition to Skype’s trade marks upheld by OHIM’s General Court (May 2015)
The ruling by the General Court of the European Union this week marks the latest stage in the 10-year battle between Sky and Skype relating to Skype’s Community Trade Mark (“CTM”) applications for a range of goods and services for the word mark SKYPE and device mark.
Kempner & Partners is different from other law firms because…
- We have real strength in depth, including dual qualified TM agents and lawyers with a significant science background and quality experience.
- We work with you as a partner, offering a personal service.
- Our IP litigation success rate is over 90%.
- As a niche firm, without the costs of flashy offices, you get the best advice from real experts, at a price that is great value.
- We will never surprise you with a bill that you are not expecting.
- We are a true one stop shop for IP, capable of delivering expert solutions across the whole IPR Lifespan®.
- We regularly face complex legal and technical issues, and it is unusual to find a firm like Kempner & Partners that can help us see the big picture without losing sight of the detail. Their transparent pricing also makes business sense, and is a refreshing change.
- Andrew Hartley, General Counsel, Innospec
- Make no mistake, from their office in Leeds, Kempner & Partners' international reach enables us to protect, exploit and enforce our IP rights all over the world.
- David Carter, Finance Director, Anglo-Danish Fibre Industries Limited